- Data Controller / Contact Information
- Purpose and basis for data collection
- What Personal Data do we need?
- How do we process your personal data?
- Third Party Processors
- Disclosure of data
- For applicants
- For participants
- Storage of data
- What are your rights
Aarhus International Piano Competition wishes to protect your personal data and comply with the EU Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data Controller / Contact Information
Organisation Aarhus International Piano Competition
Project coordinators: Christian Skovgaard Flarup, Rune Maahn Christensen, Jens Riemer
Project office address:
8000 Aarhus C
Purpose and basis for data collection
Via pianocompetition.dk we collect data from you through:
- Cookies (see section on cookies)
- Our Online Application Form
To apply and participate in Aarhus International Piano Competition, we need to receive personal data from you. You are not forced to give your data to us.
- Consent to collect personal data through Online Application Form is the first step in the form.
- Consent that we may add cookies in your browser via pianocompetition.dk is done by accepting cookies on the website (see the section about cookies).
Your consent is optional and you can withdraw it at any time by contacting us. However, please note that we will not be able to process your application for the competition if you do not give us your consent or if you later withdraw your consent. Your application will then be considered canceled and all personal data deleted.
If you withdraw your consent, it will only take effect from the time you have withdrawn the consent.
What Personal Data do we need?
When applying via our Online Application Form, we need the following information from you:
Full Name, Age, Email, A Portrait Photo, A photocopy of your passport so we can see that you are the one you state to be and, in some cases issue a visa, Parent / Guardian Name and Email Address (if the applicant is under 16 years old). In addition, the system also collects some technical information such as your ip-address.
To pay the registration fee, we need your credit card information.
In addition, of course, we need your recorded audio files.
How do we process your personal data?
Third Party Processors
- MachForm Cloud
- Our Online Application Form is hosted and maintained by machform.com
- Machform is fully GDPR compliant and we have a Data Processing Addendum.
- Stripe is taking care of the payment of the Application Fee. Your credit card information is unknown to us and is processed directly by Stripe via an encrypted connection.
- Stripe is GDPR compliant, and we have a Data Processing Addendum.
- Gsuite is our Office Suite, where we process emails, lists, documents etc.
- Gsuite is GDPR compliant, and we have a Data Processing Addendum.
- UnoEuro is hosting our website, but not the Online Application Form.
- UnoEuro is GDPR-compliant, and we have a Data Processing Addendum.
The security of your information is very important to us. We have taken the necessary precautions to keep your data secure. We have chosen our Third Party Processors carefully and examined that they meet the required security requirements. All data is stored encrypted and we use a closed office environment in the cloud. In addition, we use 2-factor authentication on all of our services, which makes a potentially hacked password useless. All file transfers are done via an encrypted connection.
The project coordinators of Aarhus International Piano Competition are all aware of keeping your information safe and aware how to act in certain situations.
Disclosure of data
Parts of your data (name and audio files) will at some point during the application process be presented to the pre-jury of the contest. The uploaded audio files are stripped for tags and filenames and are thus completely anonymized before being passed on to the pre-jury.
For applicants selected to participate in the competition, your name, age, portrait and nationality, will be published on our website, in printed programs, in PR for the competition, on facebook and in various documents for the completion of the competition. Your name will also appear on the competitions YouTube videos. In the event that a music society is interested in you we might give them your email-address, so that they can contact you.
Applicants who have been selected to participate in the competition will be presented with a contract.
Apart from the description above and our Third-Party Processors, we will not disclose your data to third parties.
Storage of data
We'll store your data until we do not need them anymore. As a starting point, all data from Online Application Form will be deleted latest after 6 months unless certain laws forces us to keep them longer. Should you be selected to participate in the competition, we will of course have to store your data longer than the 6 months and keep them as long as we need them.
What are your rights
- Right of access - You are entitled to view the personal information we process about you and receive a number of information about the processing.
- Right to rectification - You are entitled to have incorrect personal information about you corrected.
- Right to erasure (‘right to be forgotten’) - You are, as a rule, entitled to have your personal data deleted if one of a number of conditions mentioned in the Data Protection Regulation is met — eg if your data is no longer necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- Right to restriction of processing - You are entitled to limited processing of your personal data if one of a number of conditions is met.
- Right to data portability - You have the right to receive your personal information and to request that personal data should be transferred from one data controller to another.
- Right to object - You have the right to object to any otherwise legitimate processing of your personal information.
You can complain about our processing of personal data to the danish data authority at www.datatilsynet.dk
The purpose of these cookies is to remember settings. Cookies do not contain malicious code - eg viruses. Cookies have a lot of applications but are basically used to save information about you on your computer.
Cookies set directly by pianocompetition.dk are strictly functional.
Youtube: We are embedding videos from youtube, and under normal circumstances google will then set a cookie. However, all videos on pianocompetition.dk are embedded using googles added privacy mode and served via via youtubes nocookie-domain.
Facebook: If you accept cookies on pianocompetition.dk, we might enable facebook embeds from our facebook page.
If you don't accept cookies, these embeds will not be visible to you, and facebook will not be able to set cookies. It is posible to block and delete cookies once and for all. However a lot of sites won,t work if you choose to do so: Click here to learn more